Cats are adorable pets that usually like to stay in a clean environment. So, if you have a large cat in your house, you would need a specially designed litter box that would take care of its natural need. The litter box would be comparatively larger in size to avoid scattering and spreading of bad smell.
Therefore, odor control is another factor that should be kept in mind while you consider buying a litter box for your favorite pet. Above all, you should buy a product that would worth the money you spend on it.
1. IRIS Open – Best For Picky Cats
About The Product
This cat litter box with an open top and litter scoop is best for large cats. It is an ideal product that meets the need of the owners that own a larger breed of cats.
The IRIS Jumbo Litter Box is the ultimate solution for picky cats. It caters to all their needs, i.e. more space, covered from all four sides, and easy passage to get inside the litter box. It has a flip door that keeps the litter and odor contained within the litter box.
You can place it in the corner of the room or any private area that is least visited. This particular model comes in two different designs i.e. Open top and jumbo with hood. It has two colors, so you can select the navy blue or almond color.
- This litter box is provided with a shield and a scoop that would provide privacy and a clean environment for your favorite pet.
- It has a highly polished interior surface that makes cleaning super easy, and thus this extra-large cat litter box with cover is ideal for your large cat.
- This litter box has a recessed bottom and its sturdy feet that keep the litter box firmly grounded in place while this litter box with high sides has rims that add to the strength and stability.
- This covered litter box has a scoop with it that you can use to clean the litter from the tray.
- It has a handle on the top, which makes portability easy.
EcoFlex Litter Loo- Best Covered Litter Box For Big Cats
About The Product
This litter box is scientifically designed with an extra-large facility to control litter scatters and effectively controls the odor from spreading in the surroundings. It has a cover and is spacious enough to control the litter of a larger breed of cats. You can have a look at the best automatic cat litter boxes here.
- This box with a cover has a sealed floor that prevents any urine leakage onto your floor.
- This litter box with a hood has a flip-down front for easy access. With a very few days of training your kitty could easily identify the access.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- It is also available in jumbo size with the self-cleaning facility.
- This litter box with cover is resistant to warping, moisture, splitting, or cracking.
IRIS – Customers Choice Hooded Litter Pan
About The Product
The hooded litter boxes are specially designed to provide privacy for kitty and it also protects the floor for litter scatter and urine spray. This extra-large litter box with a hood has a hinged access door that contains odor. You can check out the best cat litter boxes for odor control here.
- This extra-large litter box with high sides is spacious enough to provide privacy for large cats.
- The hinged door of this litter box with cover is provided with a hinged door that contains odor and its doorstep grate of this extra-large litter box with high sides remove excess litter from the kitty’s paw.
- This litter box for large cats is provided with a litter scoop that makes cleaning super easy.
What’s the best cat litter box for large cats?
Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box
About The Product
The Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box is suitable for big cats or multiple cat households. The internal mechanism automatically deposits the clumped waste into the pull-out waste tray for disposal.
There is the separation of clumped litter from the clean litter, hence saves on litter. This cat litter box saves you money with no extra scoops, liners, and filters to buy. It is greatly affordable going for under 30. Check out the complete review of Omega Paw Self Cleaning Litter Box here.
- Cat litter box cleaning is done by rolling to the right and back again
- Waste collects in the pullout scoop for quick and easy disposal
- Controls dust, contains odors, and reduce floor soiling with the cat paw sanitizer mat
- Ideal for big cats or multiple-cat households
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- Come with a 1-year warranty
Pets are like family members and the emotional attachment of the owners with their pets is so deep and fulfilling that they often go out of their ways to provide the best item for their loved animal. The products described above are just the perfect object that makes the owners and their pets happy and contented alike. They are specially designed to provide space and privacy for the large cats while not causing a visual disturbance at the same time.
Top Rated Cat Litter Boxes For Extra Large Cats FAQs
What is the best litter box for large cats?
If you own a cat or multiple cats that are of a larger breed, certain things are to be kept in mind before buying a litter box for them. The best litter box for large cats would be comparatively larger in size with facilities that would effectively control the odor.
What is the largest covered litter box?
While you are buying a litter box for your large cat, you should keep in mind the necessity of it being covered so that the litter would not scatter and it would not invoke an untoward sight. Ideally, it should be a twenty-inch size for the extra-large facility.
How big should your cat’s litter box be?
The size of the litter box that you are considering buying for your cat would depend mainly on the size of your cat and whether it tends to scatter the litter. For a larger breed of cats, the ideal size should be around twenty-five inches with a hood.
Do Cats like large litter boxes?
It depends upon how you train your cat. The larger breed would have a problem with the smaller sizes of the litter box and therefore it is advisable to buy a larger version. Your cat should get acclimatized to it within a few days.